Please staple and turn in your essay revisions as you walk in. Thanks!
1. Entering the exciting literary world of your banned book!
2. Finally, the moment we've all been waiting for...the film version of Macbeth, Acts 1 and 2
- As you watch, please find TWO choices that the director made that you think are symbolic.
- Analyze what they symbolize and how.
- Ex: In the opening scene, the film version shows the witches burying items in the ground even though the original play does not indicate that they're burying anything. The items include a noose, blood, and a severed hand holding a dagger; the director included these objects to symbolize and foreshadow not only death, but murder, greed, and punishment...perhaps even retribution of some kind. Also, the act of burying suggests that they're making a grave of some kind, and that this play will contain buried secrets.
1. Please finish reading Act 2 of Macbeth on your own (the end of 2.3 and all of 2.4). Prepare for a mini quiz on the reading this Monday.
2. Spend at least 30 minutes reading your banned book.
3. Update your word trace entries for Act 2.