Focus: Whom do we trust and why? To what extent can we trust ourselves?
1. Warming up with Mumford and Sons: "Roll Away Your Stone"
In each stanza, highlight or mark what you see as the most significant line/phrase.
What does the line, "Stars, hide your fires" mean?
Who do you think the "you" is? In other words, to whom is the speaker talking?
What do you think this song is about?
Why does this song reference Macbeth? Find specific connections between the song and the play.
2. Getting to know Lady Macbeth
a. Interpreting an image of Macbeth and Lady Macbeth
b. Acting out the rest of Act 1 with a focus on trust and deception.
3. Responding to the focus question using an example from Act 1 of Macbeth (post your response on today's blog).
1. Banned book proposal due tomorrow.
2. Finish responding the focus question on today's blog.
3. Complete all word trace entries for Act 1 (or at least what we've read so far).
4. Finish the front and back of the second page of your green grammar packet.