1. Warm-up: Quick whip-around the room to recap Ishmael's journey thus far
2. Examining how teenagers are conditioned to be violent by starting to read "Trained to Kill."
- Mark which parts interest you (What do you agree or disagree with? What made you think? What surprised you?). Explain in the margins why you marked these passages.
- Mark any parts that could possibly connect to A Long Way Gone. Explain in the margins how these parts connect to and shed light on A Long Way Gone.
3. Fishbowl #4: Chapters 11-14
1. Finish reading and annotating today's article; by Wednesday, please type a 5-8 sentence response to one section of it on the blog (there will be a separate blog posted for this).
2. Start on this week's reading assignment for A Long Way Gone; be sure to bring your annotations to class each day for random checks.
3. Start looking over List 9 SAT vocabulary words.