Class, Part I
1. Warm-up: Listening to an opening clip from a "real" documentary
What do you notice about the script itself (powerful words and phrases)?
How does the script turn this into a movie about us? In other words, how does it capture human interest?
What ideas can you steal for your mockumentary?
2. Developing the script for your mockumentary
Class, Part II
3. Creating websites for your book clubs
Two possible web applications for your website: www.wikispaces.com and Google sites
Criteria for your website:
Remember that this website will be how you share all of your book club work with me. Your website grade will be your culminating grade for this unit.
First names of group members (no last names, please).
Title and author of book club book
You will need separate links/pages within your website for the following items:
1. Statement of purpose: Who are you, and why are you creating this site?
2. Group expectations (created last week)
3. Characterization activity (description of assignment and link to it and the product you created, whether it was a series of brains or a discussion)
4. Setting activity
5. Motif activity
6. Theme activity
7. Book-film comparison
Please e-mail your website link before the end of class.
1. Assigned book club reading
2. Your big,big task of the week: Finish your script and record your narration by Friday.