Focus: When does ambition turn to greed? What are the consequences of greedy behavior?
1. A partially new seating chart, a brief talk, and a memory check
2. Indulging in a mini lesson on foils:
A foil is a character who serves by contrast to highlight the opposing qualities in another character. For example, in Harry Potter, Malfoy serves as a foil to Harry Potter; while Malfoy is a bully who manipulates and hurts others, Harry is a hero who selflessly saves and protects others. They both, however, are able to use magic in cunning and powerful ways.
3. Acting out Act 4, scenes 2 and 3
4.2: Why do we get to see this scene, and why do we meet Lady Macduff?
4.3: How does Macduff serve as a foil to Macbeth?
1. Prepare for tomorrow's quiz on verbs.
2. Read your banned book and bring it to class tomorrow in case you finish your timed writing early.
3. Update your word trace entries for Act 4.