Focus: When does ambition turn to greed? What are the consequences of greedy behavior?
1. Warm-up: Row races with verbs
2. Acting out Act 4, scenes 1 and 2
4.1: Filling in the apparition chart (it will be huge when we read Act 5)
4.2: Figuring out why we see this scene and why we meet Lady Macduff
3. Viewing scene 3
Mini lesson on foils:
A foil is a character who serves by contrast to highlight the opposing qualities in another character. For example, in Harry Potter, Malfoy serves as a foil to Harry Potter; while Malfoy is a bully who manipulates and hurts others, Harry is a hero who selflessly saves and protects others. They both, however, are able to using magic in cunning and powerful ways.
4.3: How does Macduff serve as a foil to Macbeth?
1. Update your word traces for Act 4.
2. Read your banned book (due at the end of February).
3. Start studying for Friday's verb quiz; also, we will have our next short timed writing on Friday.