Focus: Can we argue that Macbeth is a tragic hero? Why or why not?
1. Handing in your word traces
2. Acting out the last few pages of Macbeth: Who receives a noble death? Who doesn't?
3. Viewing the film version of Act 5
As you watch, please identify TWO symbolic choices the film makes and analyze their larger significance (costumes, setting, movement, etc.).
4. Forming a thesis statement on the blog that responds to today's focus question. Remember to lay out two or three specific reasons in your thesis.
Ex: Macbeth is a compelling tragic hero because his guilt reveals his sense of morality but his actions reveal his capacity for evil.
The word "hero" fails to apply to Macbeth because he displays extraordinary violence from the beginning and his selfishness keeps the audience from sympathizing with him.
1. Finish item #4 on today's agenda if you did not do so in class.
2. Complete the green grammar packet on adjectives.
3. Read your banned book and bring it to class tomorrow.
4. You will have a timed writing on Macbeth tomorrow that will relate to your word trace.