Before we get started, please fill out an important Google form by clicking HERE.
1. Warm-up: Exploring a few definitions of ethos, logos, and pathos
2. Analyzing the use of ethos, logos, and pathos in four car commercials
3. Overviewing your banned book persuasive speech and how you will use the three appeals
4. If time, watching a professional (though sarcastic) persuasive speech and discussing how the speaker uses multiple appeals to make a strong claim
- What is her claim? In other words, what point is she trying to make?
- Which details in her speech (images, phrases, word choices, etc.) appeal to ethos, logos, and pathos?
1. Prepare for tomorrow's fishbowl discussion on pages 63-80 by reading and annotating.
2. Start working on your persuasive banned book speech.