Focus: Why do we ban books? Why do we censor song lyrics and internet access? Are we headed in the same direction as the society Bradbury portrays in Fahrenheit 451?
1. Warm-up: Please respond to the question on the class blog (5-10 min)
2. Distributing vocabulary list
3. Presenting and listening to banned book persuasive speeches; remember that you need to turn in one rubric to me, and you give the other three rubrics to the presenters. Positive feedback only.
1. Tomorrow is the final F451 fishbowl discussion; please finish reading and annotating the book. You will begin class with a brief reading quiz on page 139 to the end of the novel; if this score is better than last Tuesday's quiz, which I hope it is, then the new score will replace the old score.
2. This Friday you will have a vocabulary quiz over the first 15 words in your new vocabulary packet. If your brain is feeling tired and out to lunch, I would highly suggest making yourself flashcards by Wednesday.