1. Warm-up: A final piece of TCAP writing review
The prompt: Recently, the Chicago public school system has been considering teaching sex education starting in kindergarten. Write a letter to the Chicago school superintendent explaining whether or not you think this a good idea.
How would you approach this essay?
- Compose a rough draft of an introduction that ends with a thesis that lays out your three main points.
- Then outline what each of those three body paragraphs would look like. What specific examples could you bring into each body paragraph to prove your point?
- Draft briefly how you would conclude this letter.
2. Fishbowl discussion: F451, pages 83-102
1. Work on your banned book persuasive speech (especially if you're going on Monday!)
2. Bring F451 to TCAP so that you can keep up with/get ahead on the reading.
3. Do your best on TCAP! Make me proud!