1. Warm-up: F451 vocabulary quiz (15-20 minutes)
2. Watching the rest of The Truman Show and adding to your notes
3. If time allows, please respond to the following questions about the ending of the film, posting your thoughtful, detailed response on today's blog:
At the end of the film, Truman and Christof have the following dialogue:
Truman: Was nothing real?
Christof: You were real. That’s what made you so good to watch. Listen to me Truman. There is no more truth out there than there is in the world I created for you. Same lies. Same deceit. But in my world, you have nothing to fear.
Do you agree with Christof when he says that there's nothing Truman can find in the real world that he can't find in Seahaven? Is Christof a god of some kind? What does Truman hope to find when he walks through the door? Finally, when Truman takes his final bow, what is he really leaving behind? (Feel free to respond to any or all of the above questions; just be sure to use the entire time given).
4. Please Google share your notes with me before you leave class today (firstname.lastname@example.org)
1. Please finish #3 on today's agenda if you did not finish in class.
2. Have a great spring break! Keep all of your F451 annotations as we will be writing a synthesis essay on F451 and The Truman Show when you return from spring break.