Please meet in our normal classroom today.
1. Warm-up: Assessing the strengths and weaknesses of a sample student mockumentary
2. Enjoying a quick mini-lesson on one of the tricky technical aspects of the mockumentary: Music
- iTunes will not share music with your film application...not now, not ever.
- The trick is to convert your music into MP3 form.
- Try burning your music onto a CD and bringing it to class. When you insert the CD, a window will pop up asking what you want to do. Select "Rip music using Windows Media Player," and this should save your selected music as MP3s in your music folder.
- You can also capture a Youtube music video and then use just the music without the video, but I'm not sure yet how this works with wevideo.
- Other ideas? Matt?
3. Developing our mockumentary films
1. Assigned book club reading for tomorrow.
2. Continue working on your mockumentary, particularly the music and narration (only three in-class work days left).
3. Synthesis essay revisions due Wednesday, May 15. Please highlight all changes on the new draft, type a brief explanation of the changes you made and why they strengthened your essay, and staple everything to your original draft and rubric with my comments. Revisions will not be accepted unless you follow the revision policy.
4. Book club websites (including all daily activities) due by 5:00 pm on Thursday, May 16.
5. Final mockumentaries due at the beginning of class Friday, May 17. NO extensions will be granted for any reason.