1. Warm-up: A little contest...analyze this! Note: The two winners will have their choice of an extra point on their essay or homemade Leclaire cake:
Examine closely the quotation you have been given from The Kite Runner (a little academic treat from me to you). In as much depth as you can, analyze the quotation by responding to the following questions:
- What heroic trait(s) does this quotation reveal and HOW?
- How does this moment contribute to Amir's journey?
- Why is this moment crucial to Amir's development as a hero? What does it help him realize or conquer?
- Why must ALL heroes undergo a moment like this one?
2. Musical chairs editing of the body paragraph using the official rubric.
3. Time to revise the first body paragraph and start working on the second.
HW: Finish revising your first body paragraph; draft your second body paragraph and bring it to class tomorrow. Tomorrow we will be having a work habits check in class to make sure that your introduction and two body paragraphs are complete.