1. Warm-up: Creating annotation bookmarks for A Long Way Gone:
- Give yourself a title that incorporates your role (ex: If Sam had chosen the "Outdoorsman" task, he could call himself "Sam vs. Wild").
- Create a symbol for your particular focus as an annotator and draw it carefully on your bookmark.
- Write your own motto, or use the one I gave you, or look up a new one.
- Write three role-related questions that you should be asking yourself as you read (ex: How is the land described? How does that description reflect what's going on with the narrator here?).
2. Signing up for one-on-one essay conferences
3. Fishbowl Discussion #2: Chapters 3-6 of A Long Way Gone
HW: Start on Thursday's reading assignment and annotations; bring your book and annotations to class tomorrow; book talks; start preparing for this Friday's List 7 SAT vocab. quiz.