1. Welcome, Mrs. Makovsky!
2. Overview of blogging during the film:
At least five times throughout the film (and preferably more), please post a comment about the film that responds to one or all of the following:
- What aspects of the film don't match the way you thought about the book? How are they different?
- What aspects of the film support the way you thought about the book? How so?
- If you could ask the director questions about the choices he made in this film, what would you ask? Feel free to respond to other peoples' questions as well.
- If you were directing this film, what would you do differently?
3. 5 minutes: Large group discussion (aloud)
HW: Work on your independent reading book talk; you should finish Step 1 (the brainstorming portion) tonight. Remember that when I return on Wednesday, we will be starting a challenging essay on The Kite Runner.