In class on Friday we will discuss how to use small but significant clues to sneak your way into a painting. Please peruse the painting below and respond to the questions that follow it.
- Please do NOT Google this painting or use any other outside help; I only want to know what this class makes of the painting.
- Also, be sure to read others' responses before you post your own and include whether you agree or disagree with some of their interpretations.
1. Which part of the painting is your eye drawn to first? Why do you think this is?
2. As you let your eyes wander all over the painting (up to down, left to right, corner to corner), which details of the painting do you have questions about? In other words, if you could ask the artist one question about a specific detail in this painting, what would it be? Post that question here.
3. Let your mind attempt to draw together the details and make sense of the painting as a whole. What do you think this painting is trying to convey to us? Defend your thinking.
Please remember to proofread your answers carefully before posting. Your response should reflect your professionalism.